Prepare Your Pets for Disaters - Click here for info and FEMA flyer
Visit North Jersey Community Animal Shelter
Adopt a Pet TODAY!
Click for Link
Covid-19 Vaccine Information for you and your family
Covid-19 Community Update 10-19-2021
(Click for flyer)
Fall Rabies Clinic Schedule - click here for full schedule
HOURS: Monday - Friday – 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Stefanie Schmidt, Administrative Assistant 973-838-7200 ext. 237
Public Health Nurse Tuesdays and Thursdays 973-838-7200 ext. 234
Peter Tabbot, Rockaway Township Health Officer 973-983-2848
James Breiten, Rockaway Township REHS 973-983-2848
Lisa Perry, Bloomingdale Animal Control Officer 973-838-8959
- Pet Licensing / Animal Control, shared Services with Bloomingdale
- Pet licenses may be purchased through the mail by printing the application and enclosing proof of rabies vaccination and license fee or dropped off in person. A $5 late fee per dog renewal begins March 1st.
- Summonses issued by Bloomingdale Animal Control for unlicensed pets
- Free yearly rabies clinics
- Nursing, shared Service with Rockaway Township
- Child and Adult Health Clinics are held on the 4th Tuesday of each month, by appointment only, for families who are uninsured or underinsured with financial need
- Free yearly influenza immunization clinics to those with or without insurance
- Investigations and records of all communicable diseases
- Health Officer/ REHS, Shared Services with Rockaway Township
- Inspections of all restaurants and food establishments
- Follow ups on complaints relating to food establishments
- Yearly licenses for food establishments, pools, massage and body art parlors
- Permits and inspections for wells and septic systems
- Water quality analysis and reporting of all public bathing areas
- Investigations and records of all health complaints
BOARD OF HEALTH COMMITTEE
The Board of Health includes: Suzanne Finelli (President), Larry Donargo, Ed Vath, Jennifer Jeski, Dana Crocker, Councilman Marc Piccirillo and Stefanie Schmidt (Secretary).
The Board of Health meets on the fourth Wednesday of each month (Sept. - June) at 6:30 p.m. in the Library Conference Room at the Butler Public Library, 1 Ace Rd. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the Board has been meeting at the Butler Fire House at 28 Carey Avenue.