BOROUGH OF BUTLER
KAKEOUT RESERVOIR RULES AND REGULATIONS
- All persons who wish to fish at the Kakeout Reservoir must have both a valid State of New Jersey fishing license and a fishing permit from the Borough of Butler. Permits are not transferable nor refundable.
- All permits for fishing shall be obtained from the Borough Clerk on an annual basis.
- Permits for fishing will only be issued to persons at least 18 years of age.
- All New Jersey Fishing Laws must be observed which specify the amount and type of fish, the method of fishing and the time periods when fish may be caught.
- All boating on the reservoir is prohibited.
- Fishing activity can only take place from the shoreline of the reservoir. Fishing activity is prohibited on the impoundments, dam or any other structure.
- No fires, swimming, possession of alcoholic beverages, littering or pets are permitted while utilizing the fishing permit.
- A person fishing must carry the permit while fishing and shall bear the affirmative duty of observing all posted signs.
- Ice fishing on Kakeout Reservoir is prohibited.
Violation of the rules and regulations shall be the basis for revocation of the permit. A new permit will not be issued to that person until one year following the violation.